Stay in Touch

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Telling a story through movement - Hok & Jaime - SYTYCD


Dance is a beautiful metaphor for teaching as it requires many of the same elements: 1) Performance - both are performance-based in that they are done in front of others. 2) Communication - communicating a message is the central goal to dancing and teaching, 3) Commitment - being passionate about what you're doing is so important as it can easily be seen by the audience/class. If you aren't excited and don't care about your subject...guess what...your audience will not either.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dr. Yang this is a great blog, I really love it! I'm so glad you put this clip up because I thought that they had some of the most incredible performances. Dance really is a great thing and I thought I would die during the dance course but ended up loving it! Hope all is well with you. I am leaving to work at Cornell this thursday and I'm really excited. Enjoy your summer