Lab B1 - Checklist
(What TC’s will be graded on)
Teacher’s Name: Date:
Y / N Introduction
Y / N Signal for attention
Y / N Statement about expectation
Y / N A “hook”
Y / N Safety statement
Y / N Demonstration more than once (DEAD)
Y / N Demonstration was done at full speed with equipment
Y / N 1 – 2 cues were established and taught
Y / N Demonstration was also done in slow motion / in parts relating to the whole
Y / N Demonstration shown with common faults
Y / N Demonstration was done at full speed with equipment in context of task/activity
**Be sure to Download the following Jump Rope Unit
- Find out which half of the gym you will be on.
- You will have about 6-7 minutes to teach one jump-rope task-cue-challenge from our jump rope packet.
- In order to teach, you MUST
- Be dressed in khakis and polo shirt
- Have a watch to use
- Have a visual aid to help your teaching and your students' learning.
- When your turn comes, the camera will start rolling. You may not ask your group to gather equipment before you begin your lesson.
- You will be given a one-minute warning and at the end of your allotted time, the video will be stopped.
- Once you’ve completed your lesson, please return all equipment to the proper spot so that others may use it if needed.
- If time permits, an individual debrief will be conducted by SY and assisted by one or more TA’s.
- Once all teacher-candidates are done, and if there is time, we will do a quick debrief on some of the positive teaching elements.
- Find your video on our YouTube Channel (www.youtube.com/rockstarpe )
- Grab the embed code from your video (Click here to watch how to get embed code - http://screenr.com/02d) and paste it into your blog post (HTML tab) so that everyone can watch you teach without having to leave your blog.
- You will need to watch your video(s) online and reflect on what you did well, what you need to work on, and especially on how your observations will impact and improve student learning. This reflection will need to be on your blog along with at least 3 pictures from your lesson and all your videos embedded into a single post. (http://bpaquette.blogspot.com/2010/10/leggo-my-eggo.html - http://bpaquette.blogspot.com/2010/10/leggo-my-eggo.html
- Download the Transcript form (http://rockstarpe.wikispaces.com/file/view/transcript.DOC ) and complete the a transcription of your entire lesson as described on the form.
- Download the Time coding form (http://rockstarpe.wikispaces.com/file/view/Time%20coding%20form10sec.doc ) and and complete the time analysis of your entire lesson as described on the form and on the time coding screencast found on the PE Tech Tips page.
- You may also have an MP3 recorder to better record your voice if we feel you won't be loud enough and you will have to download the mp3 and complete the transcription.
- You will also have to embed the mp3 into your post using one of the methods on our Tech Tips page or directly from our Box.net share site - last year’s audio.
- Once done the form follow the instructions to publishing a document as a webpage http://screenr.com/02d
- Go to Google Docs and upload the form (be sure the box is checked to convert the document to a Google Doc).
- Press the SHARE button and select the Publish as a webpage option.
- Google Docs will ask you if you want to automatically republish any changes and you will say yes.
- Copy the URL of your newly published document and paste it on a word within your blog post.
- DUE DATE: All of these items are due one week from the day that you teach before class begins.