Stay in Touch

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mark Arcara- Daily Burn

1.  The daily burn was like nothing I have ever seen before.  It was one of the most interesting sites that I have seen in a long time.  I immediately told all of my house mates about it because they are all into going to the gym every single day.  The thing about the site that I liked the most was how it showed you  what you caloric intake was and how much carbohydrates and protein you are taking in on a daily basis.  It also tells you how much you need to intake on a daily basis to reach your goals.

I have never used this type of website before but I plan on signing up for the pro package and using it on a daily basis.  If you are into exercising and being conscious of what you eat this site will help you organize your whole program and bring you to your ideal goals.

2. I would use this website to accomplish our Recommended Regent’s Level for LS #1B by making each of my students sign up for the site and let it help them plan a workout routine for themselves.  This would give the students freedom into making their own exercise programs based on their individual goals.  The sky is the limit with this site and it will help you get to where you want to be.  Some modifications that I would use to to establish a group or individual’s goals would be for the students to track their progress during a four week cycle and every week they should be moving closer and closer to their goals and if not they are not following their plans.


3.  Some electronic tools that I would use would be straight off of the website.  Each time you answer in the reps and weight used during your workouts I the assessor should see improvement as the time goes on.  If the students are doing their programs then by the beginning to the end their should be significant growth and numbers should sky rocket.  This would work in a High School setting because for homework students would have to print out their numbers and scores and could be tested in class.


No comments: