Stay in Touch

Friday, May 14, 2010

Letter to Superintendent



Dear Superintendent of my Dream school,
 I am writing to let you know i would like to re-vamp the P.E. program here at I.S.82.  Teaching here has become a big part of my life and I have grow close to the students here. So close in fact I know that the students need and want to get out of the gym. At this point you must be saying " Well why don't you plan lessons and just do it?." unfortunately because of budget cuts at our school we were forced to cut the budget for the Physical Education program to less than half it was last year. Our school in is desperate need for new equipment and supplies. We have a school yard that has not been used in years because of its and unsafe environment to bring students into. As an Physical Educator it is my duty to raise physically competent students, now I'm doing the best I can with what we have here but its sad to say that it is not enough.
My colleagues and have created P.E units that are cost effective.I have built a successful unit around the sport Disc Golf.  This is a upcoming sport that the students have shown interest in and a chance to show students that Physical Education can happen outside the gym as well. This is more than just a cry for money this is heart felt letter saying we need to do more for our students. Thank you for taking the time out to read my letter I hope to take it into consideration. Feel free to contact me through email regina.morgan23@gmail.com I look forward to hearing from you.


Regina Morgan



 Here's a video I created to further help with your decision 

    No comments: