Stay in Touch

Friday, May 14, 2010

Letter to Superintendent

Mr. Superintendent,
I am writing to you on the behalf of myself and my students to request funds for a video gaming system. As you know it is important to keep variety in the classroom and hold the interest of students, I feel this would be very beneficial to that statement. I just finished a yoga unit that my students enjoyed very much. They asked me if I had ever used the Nintendo Wii video game system to practice my yoga before. I had played a couple times and thought this would be a  great tool for class, but I don't currently own that system. The Nintendo Wii is a system controlled by wireless movements that causes the player to be physically active while playing. In an article from the Huffington Post, a survey was taken of how many children played video games. The survey came back at 97 percent played. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/16/survey-97-percent-of-chil_n_126948.html To keep the class more stimulated a video game system incorporated into a physically active lesson could be a great teaching tool for the class. Since many people do enjoy video games and the students enjoyed the yoga unit, putting those two things together would be a great experience for many students. A student has offered to let us borrow the Wii to show the school board an example of yoga on the Wii and an opportunity to try the game for themselves. I would like to invite you to come to this presentation to get a better idea what I would like to accomplish for the students. The presentation will be may 29th at 7pm in the main gym. If you have any questions or need to contact me my email is gino.bisceglia@gmail.com

Sincerely
Gino Bisceglia

No comments: